Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mom...Mom....Mom....STOP CALLING ME THAT!

Trying to get ready to leave town - a conversation with my ever-loving-hardly-around husband earlier tonight.

So what are our travel plans for Friday?

NJ from the other room: "Mom...Mom...Mom...these are the Scooby Doo books that Grandma gave me last time I was in Mitchigan and..."

Can we have a decision if it's the green van or the Honda by noon on Thursday so I can get ready?

RM: "...because God was giving the trees and the grass and the garden more water. And the flowers. Mommy, that's why the rain is out..."

What difference does it make?

BN and her friend BL in the other room just being loud.

Because I want to be packed and ready Thursday. Everything in the car except the people!

NC: "Mom, you know we practice too much. Three times a week is just too much for a nine year-old..."

Not sure why you care. I'm the one who will load the car.

NJ from chair..."Mommy, and I want to sleep on the top bunk..."

I'm the one who packs and if we have to put it all in the cartop carrier, it matters.

RM from table..."and I can color if I want to. He's not the boss of me..."

You will come home from Nathan's practice and be too tired...

BN..."Mommy, um, not at the door, but in my room she was asking to stay for dinner..."

I will not.

IM "Mommy....OOOOWWWE (fake crying). I pinched my finger in the door..."

NJ: "Mommy, what is this? Do we have the Leder, Leadster, Leapster still?"

Whatever, I'm just saying that if we are ready Thursday nite...

RM "I don't know where the super hero went. I think it went back in the cabinet. Mommy, I want the princess book..."

Okay. You just let me know when it is convenient for you and I will get it done. I'm the wife. That's what I do.

RM: Mommy, he gets to play Leapster??"
NJ: "Yes, she said I could. It's not your turn."
RM "Mommy...am I doing good choices?"

Are we still planning on coming home Sunday afternoon?

IM: "Mommy, she won't help me clean..."

I'll make sure *** can keep the dog until then.

IM: "Mommy, what kind of train sneezes? A choo choo train. Get it? A choo choo train."

RM: "Mommy, and I doing good choices?

I love you honey and you drive me nuts.

RM: "Mommy, am I doing good choices?"

Yes. You are doing good choices.

RM: YES!! I AM DOING GOOD CHOICES AND I AM COLORING AND I AM NOT DOING BAD CHOICES!!

Welcome to my world. :)

1 comment:

cheriepasbjerg said...

Oh my goodness, your life is insane! Sofie has learned to say "no" so everything is "no" even when she shakes her head yes! Fun that she is learning to talk, I love your pictures, so cute!